The SAFEX International e-Learning Portal is developed by Cranfield University for Safex International and offers online training courses with assessments.
As a user of the Portal, you are required to accept this User Acceptance Policy when you log on for the first time. Non-acceptance of these conditions will prohibit access to the Portal.
Purpose of the User Acceptance Policy
The purpose of the SAFEX International e-Learning Portal User Acceptance Policy is to specify user responsibilities and to promote the appropriate use of the portal. The User Acceptance Policy applies both within and outside of safex-training.org associated premises.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
SAFEX International e-Learning Portal may modify these terms and conditions at any time and may discontinue any or all of its online services. Your continued use of the services, after online notice of modifications, signifies your acceptance to be bound by the modifications.
If you breach any of these conditions, we may regard this as misconduct.
In addition using the Safex e-Learning Portal you agree to comply with the terms of your Internet Service Provider and / or your employer.
Suspension of User Account
We may terminate your account(s), your access rights to specific areas of the Portal or to the entire service, with or without notice and at its sole discretion, in the event of an investigation into alleged misuse. Acts of misuse include but are not limited to:
- The renaming of user account(s) to falsify course certificates of achievement
- The sharing of account credentials
- The copying, duplication or distribution of course content
- Sharing, copying and dissemination of assessment questions and answers
Rules for Online Conduct
You agree to:
- always act in a professional manner and be polite and courteous when raising queries with portal support
- use the Portal only for the purposes of research, discussions and learning
- connect to the service from a device with an up-to-date virus-checker as being free of virus, malicious content or malware
- not share and/or sell mailing lists or participant details generated on the Portal;
- not share and/or sell any of the learning materials or questions generated within the Portal;
- not plagiarise materials from the Safex e-Learning portal;
- not misrepresent Safex-training.org or bring it into disrepute in any way through the use of the Portal;
- not breach the copyright of the portal or any third party by copying from the Portal without prior written authorisation. Copyright of the content of the Portal are owned or controlled by the Cranfield unless otherwise stated. Any copies of third party materials will be clearly labelled with warnings about any copyright restrictions;
- the Safex e-Learning Portal conforms with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) you are not permitted to reproduce the materials held within and any such activity is a breach of these regulations.
You must not disclose to any third party your username and password to the SAFEX International e-Learning Portal. Sharing of your account details with another party is strictly forbidden.
You agree never to log on to the SAFEX International e-Learning Portaland then leave your device logged in and unattended.
Information we collect
The SAFEX International e-Learning Portal uses non-persistent session Cookies. These Cookies are saved only while your web browser is running. They can be used by a web server only until you close your browser. They are not saved on your PC. These cookies are stored in RAM and are automatically destroyed when the user closes the web browser. You can disable Cookies but if you do, you may not be able to use certain features on our site and you may need to enter your password more frequently.
When purchasing the safex-training.org e-Learning credits you or your organisation enter into a contractual agreement with Safex-training.org International to provide access to the training materials and assessments. In doing so you agree to the supply and retention of the personal data required to set up and administer any e-Learning user accounts.
Any personal information which you provide to Safex-training.org will be used only within the SAFEX International e-Learning Portal in the support of your use. We may share information such as your username or email address with your Safex-training.org Company Managers only for purposes connected directly with your Portal use. Safex-training.org Company Managers may require this information to deal with your queries such as support issues and to provide notification that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance.
By accepting these conditions you are giving your consent to safex-training.org to process your personal data for the purposes described in the preceding paragraph.
The types of information we collect may include usage statistics e.g. when a user last logged into the system, when he or she engaged in certain activities, or when he or she attempted, passed or failed an assessment.
We use this information to help improve the safex-training.org portal by ensuring that the material and content of the service accord with users' requirement and also to make sure that users are not having problems with access.
The usage statistics for your organisation are visible to the Cranfield Safex-training.org support personnel as Safex-training.org Company Managers and your organisation’s Safex-training.org Company Managers. Safex-training.org Company Managers can only see the data relating to their organisation.
Whilst SAFEX International e-Learning Portal will endeavour to ensure the SAFEX International e-Learning Portalis normally available 24 hours a day, SAFEX International e-Learning Portal will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of SAFEX International e-Learning Portal.
The SAFEX International e-Learning Portalmay contain links to other websites outside SAFEX International e-Learning Portal's control; SAFEX International e-Learning Portal is not responsible for the content of these sites. SAFEX International e-Learning Portal gives no guarantee that these links will work all of the time and it exercises no control over the availability of the linked sites. Likewise, references and links to any such websites must not be taken as an endorsement by SAFEX International e-Learning Portal of opinions expressed or services provided at those sites. SAFEX International e-Learning Portal takes no responsibility for the privacy policies of any linked websites.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
For content, technical, and administrative issues contact your Company Managers. If they are unable to resolve your query they will raise a support call with the Learning Services team: email@example.com.