The SAFEX International e-Learning Portal is developed by Cranfield University for Safex International and offers online training courses with assessments.
Use of personal data within Safex e-Learning Portal
Protecting personal data and privacy is important to us. During registration we ask for the contact and billing information for your organisation. This will be used to establish a Company Manager account for the management of users of the service. The personal information entered by your Company Manager will be used in the creation of the e-learning accounts. The following minimum set of personal data is required to create the e-learning account; your title, first name, family name, company and email address. This information, and the transaction made when purchasing the training credits, forms a contractual agreement without which we cannot provide the service.
When you first log into the portal you will be prompted to confirm that all of the listed personal data is correct. You will be able to update and amend most of your personal data within the portal prior to taking the assessment. Once the course assessment has been taken the certificate will be generated, and for integrity reasons, requests to change data must be submitted to your Company Manager.
We give control over personal data to delegates and their Company Manager. Company Managers will have access to the personal data of delegates within their organisation only, this includes information on whether the assessment has been taken, passed or failed.
Use of anonymised data sets
As portal hosts Cranfield University may use anonymised data to for the improvement of the service. For example a particular question may have an abnormally high failure rate. By monitoring results in this way we are able to a make improvements where necessary.
We will never share your personal data, anonymised or otherwise with third parties outside of your organisation.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are aware of your following data protection rights. Every delegate is entitled to the following.
- The right to access – The profile area within the portal is the simplest way to access the personal data we have collected about you. Within this area you have will be able to copy, view, amend and update your personal information within the service. Or if you wish to you have the right to request that we supply copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – Within the profile area of your account you can view, update and amend the personal information we hold on you. You can make amendments to this information yourself. Alternatively, you can request that we correct information you believe to be inaccurate or to complete information you believe to be incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions. If you leave your current employer or choose to close your account, your personal details will be removed from the service and archived within 6 months.
- The right to restricted processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to reject to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – If you leave your current employment and join a new Safex member organisation you can request for your account to be ported to your new organisation. You also have the right to request that we supply this information direct to you.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to contact us regarding any of your rights you can do so in the following ways:
Data Protection Officer
Your data will be managed in line with the eight principles set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 and in accordance with the six principles of the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For further details please refer to our full Terms and Conditions.